.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SHOOTER'S DREAM

On and on, fantasy murders your lullaby. © David Kong 2004-2006

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

hmmm...

Friday, March 19, 2004

Scene 8

I'm in the dark. I'm all by myself. I'm performing ultimate science and it's the best part of it. In this room, temperature is constant, density is constant, loneliness is constant. The changing powers of lasers are dreamy yet succinct; the programs run without an error. I did everything before I entered, and I'm at ease. Mary Black is singing from the speakers. And nobody's online.

What is eternity, I wondered, as I stare at the only bright thing in this dark room--the computer screen. I remembered how Noi stared at his lighter, his only companion when the world shrank to only silence, and how he stayed till the last minute to watch the lighter die. And that instant seemed eternally devastating. What is life after all, to experience the extreme or breathe the conventional? "Noi Albinoi" was a fascinating movie, reminded me of "Rouge" and yet, was a more elaborate effort to expose the nature of life. Living is fatal as someone put smartly, death is approaching every day. And we are totally risky animals to fight and secure ourselves throughout the whole time history. What an elegy.

Right before I went to bed I was trying to scare myself with the darkness in my bedroom. Well, failure for sure, with all the lamps outside in the yard. With the moon maybe, I didn't get up to check. Or with rays from other apartment windows. It's not easy to experience what Noi went through. Maybe the closest was in the cinema. When the black screen lasted around one minute. I wish it could have lasted longer. It could have suffocated me, drowned me, the darkness. And the notion that it might go nowhere, Noi might die, even he survived everybody he knew, by a certain amount of time. Seconds, microseconds, nanoseconds. Words I utter every day. Do I know their meaning beyond their mathematical values?

And the beat goes on. The beat goes on.

"Dark city" wasn't dark enough. Hollywood has too many blue lights. I keep my intuitions and search further for the darkness. The one thing I'll be so fragile when facing.