.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SHOOTER'S DREAM

On and on, fantasy murders your lullaby. © David Kong 2004-2006

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

hmmm...

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Scene 12

I’ve never seen “Monster”, not even after the dazzling awardee’s various speeches. And after I watched “Aileen-Life and Death of a Serial Killer” today I still didn’t make any connection with my past memories, until someone mentioned “Monster” was the SOLD story of the same person and case. Well, doesn’t everybody believe that films based on true stories are so meant to alert and provoke the public? Then why are people making documentaries?

The truth, the truth. What is the cause of one single event or project? Aileen said to put a big question mark on the screen for her last interview, and she was so damn conscious. Then who was the psycho? “Waking Life” even attempts to join dreams with reality, quantum mechanics with life styles. After all we are existing and our probability of everything forms tons of wave functions without a given Hamiltonian. Where does the energy come and go?

I skipped the director Q&A session and walked out JBT. I always tried to escape this type of formalities for fear that the interviewee didn’t even reach the depth the film presents to me. After all what I assume was the film convolved with my perceptions, and that result is beyond the control of the director. They direct the films and the viewer directs the feelings. There were too many unsettling anxieties in my head. I wanted to precipitate them but they tend to evaporate. (And this is no scientific jargon game.) Aileen was a feedback from the civilization to the world. Just one among many, positive or negative. And the other thoughts are yet to be probed. I listened to Cassandra Wilson’s New Moon Daughter walking back. Withdrawing vocal with sensual percussions. Relieved. If this reaction towards a mentally and emotionally disturbing film is to be blamed, then I’m even ready for crucifixion. But what about those sitting around distributing commercial adaptations?

And she mentioned Christ, every minute, even and especially before her execution. Was she saved?…which brings me to another film I liked very much, “Chocolat”, despite its outrageously misleading poster and so on. Yes man can believe whatever he wants to, but forget about the formalities. Waste of time.

Maybe I said too much.