.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SHOOTER'S DREAM

On and on, fantasy murders your lullaby. © David Kong 2004-2006

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

hmmm...

Friday, April 23, 2004

Scene 13

The night I saw two movies last week was Saturday. And I found no creation in that arrangement. But the titles of the movies were quite to my own surprise. "Kill Bill vol 1" and "Monster". I will have a specific chapter for expressing gratitude for this software called emule, and all those eager users reaching for films and passing them around. I mean we simply don't want to see more Blockbuster stores with the same posters and different promotions. Something, something just different...

While eating my dinner I had a really hard time deciding which one to watch first. They were both there on my hardrive, but the order will definitely make a difference. And even though "saving the best for last" was kind of elusive, it got me at the last minute. I had more expectation for "Monster" and it could possibly be so good that I won't want to watch anything else for the night. And all this pondering made me eat a lot of delicious food that I had to exercise a little to feel alright. Which made me walk and kick around when I started the bloody killing movie volume 1.

Not too bad, not too bad, I thought, as I started to feel the martial dignity and pose out for my after-dinner exercises. Ah, this will be a violent night. All the video game scenes gave me the impulse to move and knock. And I thought about this impact on kids, if not for the movie ratings. And I thought about this impact on adults, even after the movie ratings. Tough decision.

When I started "Monster" it was 1AM in the morning. And after all the rousing of violence I didn't feel sleepy at all. Too many films are narcotics these days and that wasn't one of them. Maybe all the theatres should provide an all-standing cinema for viewers to move around. That'll make the experience even more worthwhile. Anyways this next film already has a weird weighting on my mind because of that documentary I watched beforehand. And I'm not deleting that post, I'm not, but I'm taking back something I said. After all many thoughts are accumulated and interacting, we all learn from our past don't we.

This film is so close to reality in depiction that on first sight you would wonder which one is more documentary-like. They sure worked hard on making Charlize look like Aileen. But it's the inner part of her that provoked my flood of acclaims. It's been long since I saw someone so much disappeared into a role. And Charlize deserves every gram of the awards she won. But a little deviation from these composed analysis would drove me into the sea of being moved and infuriated and shaken and all that. At the end of it I couldn't come back into my own life. When her little girlfriend pointed her index finger to Aileen, it felt like my own climax of destruction. And that "Keep Believin'", that journey song conspired with them all.

I sat in my lazyboy for a rather long time before I could supress my chokes and go to bed. I did the thinking at exactly the same spot after I watched "The Hours" in theater a year ago. Superficial eyes will easily seem them in the same L-category, but not mine. I appreciated them for their individual values. And while "Aileen-life and death of a serial killer" did have all the shocks by having the truth all in front of you, "Monster" did a greater job in creating the utmost intimate and humane scenes to have the viewer make up truth fot themselves, exaggerated at times, but definitely superior than trying to judge or believe. I melted in the swirls of concerns, hatred, frustrations, and all that was more than from the doc. You see how I'm taking back things I said before but not blatently. That I learned by surviving in this world.

And the weekend passed by, it's another weekend. Weekends are meant for sabbath. But I get so many more things on my mind on weekends and so much more tired.

This blog is turning into a movie review collections. It's not how I planned. And mind you, I didn't relate it to movies at all when I thought of "Shooter" as part of the title. For some reasons things just come around from your head and hands. That's a bliss, and I'm indulged.