.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SHOOTER'S DREAM

On and on, fantasy murders your lullaby. © David Kong 2004-2006

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

hmmm...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A New Tower Erecting

Yeah now everybody knows about Tower's liquidation... but I do miss my old Tuesdays nights-sneaking out to get a new release from the Sunset store, and also to check if they have anything on bloody sale. Now each time I go into that store, I know this is the beginning, of the end.

A New Tower Erecting

So here are the survivors from the wreckage of a collapsed Tower:

Two sonically beautiful surround Bjorks...

Several Harold Budd reissues, including the long-sought after "White Arcades" and his looping collaboration "Glyph"...

Gavin Bryar's "After the Requiem"--weird avant garde composition using electric guitar, strings, and winds...

John Adam's "Harmonium", a new page in the chapter of physical chemistry--oops, I mean, comtemporary classical and choral music.

Caetano Veloso's sweetening "bossa"; "Best of" containing the mesmerizing song "Michelangelo Antonioni"--as featured in the "EROS" movie; and his Tropicalia album (disc made in Germany) which is tagged on Amazon for over $40 (what a shame).

Mavis' Taiwan debut "REGRET"- the original Taiwan version, even though it was not the first print (without bookcard); still, I was very taken by the idea of having this version right next to my Singaporean version. And I adore this cover art so much.

Enzo Enzo "Paroli"-I have this keen fondness for smoky cafe French music, and this is just an elegant one. I've know this singer from my brief stay in the Borders of Simi Valley-while they were playing a "French Cafe" compilation CD in the store, I was immediately following this voice and the lavishly silky arrangement. I bought this CD without any knowledge about it. And it was a...bliss.

Bebel Gilberto...a hint: her first album cover was in one of my album covers. Yeah that's how much I loved that CD. And finally the price is acceptable for me to pay for her brand new 2nd CD!

Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson & Sigur Ros: Angels of the Universe. Supposed to be a movie soundtrack, but sounded so beautifully as I was sampling it. The warm strings of SR is so thick and sweet. It brings me back to the memory of that chilly autumn morning, in Sacramento, stretching my legs outside the hotel window and playing to myself Saeglopur. Sheer beauty at that moment...I love SR....

So far I've got them at different discount rates. What's coming up? I have no idea...and please, nobody blame me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home