.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

SHOOTER'S DREAM

On and on, fantasy murders your lullaby. © David Kong 2004-2006

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

hmmm...

Sunday, November 19, 2006

11/19.06. 私の新品

Why this is SAD…

I just bought another handful of discs from Tower, right before midnight between this Saturday and Sunday. For a minute I would want to do a bit math here.

ALBUM

Tower

original

Tower Today

Amazon

Slowdive, just for a day (2 disc)

26.99

16.19

30.49

Tuck & Patti, Chocolate Moment

8.99

5

15.98

John Foxx, Cathedral Oceans I&II (2 disc)

16.99

10.19

33.49

Gavin Bryars, Oi Me Lasso

17.99

10.79

18.98

Good Night, and Good Luck, OST

18.99

11.39

13.99





TOTAL (tax added where applicable)

97.37

57.99

112.93







Tower has been calling big box retailers their cancer, but hey for this kind of selection I’m in favor of, even without discount Tower still wins Amazon by about 15 dollars. B once said that “Amazon isn’t bible”, obviously it’s not Jesus either. It cuts prices only for “hamburger-discs”—those that get bought in bulk no matter what. It does music fans like me no good…because we don’t (I’m starting not to) collect hamburgers. I’ve yearned for John Foxx’s Cathedral Oceans for a long time and wow, it’s been mid-priced at Tower all along. The sweet and romantic “Chocolate Moment” is one of their “special values” right now and sells for only 5 bucks. I want to head back right now, after giving it a spin, to get hold of another copy for B. Well, they still have almost 50 copies….


11/19.06. 私の新品


It is quite sad now to realize that not only will I have to do internet shopping all the time after Tower’s death, but I shall be paying even higher prices…I’ll worry about that later. For tonight, these were gurrrrrreight deals! Keep spinning…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home